"Full many a ray of purest ray serene the dark unfathomed caves of ocean bear:
Full many a flower is born to blush unseen, and waste its sweetness to the desert air."
from "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard" by Thomas Gray

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Naming the Blog

I have the right name for the blog now, a major accomplishment.

These are thoughts and experiences gathered over time. As I wondered what I should name the blog, simple names like Perspectives, Thoughts, Musings, A2Z, Alpha2Omega - I found that all these were already taken up. I had to start thinking of not what I was trying to do here, but how it would be received. Who is the audience? And that's when I started looking at Anybody, Nobody, AnyoneThere, and they were all taken up as well.

One of my dad's favorite pieces of poetry is a verse from "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard" by Thomas Gray. So BlushingUnseen it is - the name of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment