"Full many a ray of purest ray serene the dark unfathomed caves of ocean bear:
Full many a flower is born to blush unseen, and waste its sweetness to the desert air."
from "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard" by Thomas Gray

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year Resolutions

I am one of those fortunate people who did not do much last year towards their New Year resolutions last year. The big benefit of procrastinating the whole year is that you can then do away completely with coming up with new resolutions in the New Year.

So I celebrate what I was able to accomplish last year without planning on it - I turned lacto-vegetarian after years of steadfastly maintaining an ovo-lacto-vegetarian profile, I now eat my dinner by eight and forgo dinner if I am not able to have it in time, and I made a trip to Tibet that I had not dreamed of.

And all of my New Year resolutions, I now inherit for the New Year. I may be able to claim something completed next year, or not. And maybe, like this year, I will end up doing something I have not thought of yet.

Happy New Year!!






    No comments:

    Post a Comment